Edwin Robert Towersey Dunn1
#2166, (22 July 1888-15 September 1916)
|Birth*||22 JUL 1888 ||Edwin Robert Towersey Dunn was born on 22 JUL 1888 at Featherston, Wairarapa, Wellington, North Island, New ZealandG.2,1 |
|Milit-Beg*||15 AUG 1914 ||He began military service on 15 AUG 1914 at Wellington, North Island, New ZealandG, NZ Rifle Brigade.3 |
|Death*||15 SEP 1916 ||He died on 15 SEP 1916 at The Battle of the Somme, Picardy, France, aged 28.4 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Serre Road Cemetery No. 2, Beaumont-Hamel, Picardy, FranceG.4 |
|Note*|| ||He is recorded at Greytown Cemetery, Masterton, Wellington, North Island, New ZealandG.5 |
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, birth; Featherston, NZ, Jul-Sep 1888, 2623.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, birth, Edwin Robert Towersey Dunn, parents Elizabeth & William Thomas, NZ births, 1888/12232.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, NZ Army Nominal Rolls, 1914.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, on findagrave.com. #124844764; buried as father & son. Memorial in Greytown Cemetery, Masterton. 'Edwin DUNN. Served in NZ Rifle Brigade, no. 24/408. He embarked 9 Oct 1915 and was killed during the 1st Battle of the Somme on 15 Sep 1916. '
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, on findagrave.com. buried as father & son. Memorial in Greytown Cemetery, Masterton.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016