#3973, (January 1841-July 1899)
|Birth*||JAN 1841 ||John Tovey was born in JAN 1841 at Inglesham, Wiltshire, EnglandG.2 |
|Baptism||21 FEB 1841 ||He was baptized on 21 FEB 1841 at St John the Baptist Church, Inglesham, Wiltshire, EnglandG.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||He lived with Thomas Tovey and Martha Titchener at Upper Inglesham, Wiltshire, EnglandG, together with Obediah Titchener.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||John Tovey lived with Thomas Tovey and Martha Titchener at Inglesham, WiltshireG, together with Edward Tovey, William Tovey and Obediah Titchener.5 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1861 ||John Tovey lived at Croden House, Millend, Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, EnglandG.6 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1861 ||He was employed as Groom.7 |
|Occupation*||14 AUG 1870 ||The occupation of John Tovey was 'Drayman.8' |
|Marriage*||14 AUG 1870 ||He married Amelia Sophia White on 14 AUG 1870 at St James' Church, Clerkenwell, London, EnglandG.8 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1871 ||John Tovey was employed as Coachman, out of employment.9 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Amelia Sophia White lived at Silver Street, Tetbury, Gloucestershire, EnglandG, together with George T Tovey.9 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||John Tovey and Amelia Sophia White lived at 15 Great Francis Street, Birmingham, Warwickshire, EnglandG, together with Annie Ellen Tovey and Martha A Tovey.10 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1891 ||John Tovey was employed as Railway Porter.11 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He and Amelia Sophia White lived at 3 Back Lane, Birmingham, Warwickshire, EnglandG, together with George T Tovey, Martha A Tovey, Isabella C Tovey and Lilian Beatrice Tovey.11 |
|Death*||JUL 1899 ||John Tovey died in JUL 1899 at Birmingham, Warwickshire, EnglandG, aged 58.12 |
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, age & birthplace.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Highworth, Wilts., Jan-Mar 1841, vol 8 329.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt., John Tovey, parents Thomas & Martha, Inglesham, Wilts., fhl 1279307.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, not on census saying in Berkshire.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, servant, groom, Knox household.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; John Tovey, father Thomas, & Amelia Sophia White, father George Brant White, St James, Clerkenwell, no 69, p 35.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, death, age 55, Aston, Warwicks., Jul-Sep 1899, vol 6d 293.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age & place.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age & place.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016