Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe
|Father*||Frank John Balcombe b. 29 Feb 1864, d. Jun 1930|
|Mother*||Ellen Sarah Lane b. 6 Jun 1870, d. Mar 1933|
|Charts||The Lanes from Chelsfield, Kent.|
The Streatfields of Farningham, Kent.
|Birth*||8 AUG 1898||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe was born on 8 AUG 1898 at Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.1|
|Baptism||12 SEP 1898||She was baptized on 12 SEP 1898 at St John the Baptist, Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.2|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901||She lived with Frank John Balcombe and Ellen Sarah Lane at 70 Napier Road, Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG, together with Frank John Balcombe and Percy James Balcombe.3|
|Residence||6 OCT 1915||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe lived at Greenwich Union Workhouse, Greenwich, London, EnglandG, together with Frank John Thomas Balcombe.4|
|(Witness) Marriage||30 SEP 1918||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe witnessed the marriage of Lillie Smith and Frank John Balcombe on 30 SEP 1918 at St James' Church, Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.5|
|Marriage*||JUN 1922||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe married Henry Singleton in JUN 1922 at Prestwich, Lancashire, EnglandG.6|
|Residence*||NOV 1926||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe and Henry Singleton lived at 28 Fullerton Road, Addiscombe, Surrey, EnglandG.7|
|Emigration*||23 DEC 1926||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe and Henry Singleton emigrated on 23 DEC 1926 from London, London, EnglandG.8|
|Residence||1931||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe and Henry Singleton lived at 55 Horace Street, Bendigo, VIC, AustraliaG.9|
|Residence||1936||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe and Henry Singleton lived at Martin Street, Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, AustraliaG.10|
|Marriage*||1940||Dinah Elizabeth Balcombe married Robert William Nelson in 1940 at Footscray, Melbourne, VIC, AustraliaG.11|
|Residence*||1942||She lived at 28 Kingsville Street, Footscray, Melbourne, VIC, AustraliaG.11|
|Death*||1 SEP 1947||She died on 1 SEP 1947 at Melbourne, VIC, AustraliaG, aged 49.12|
|Burial*||4 SEP 1947||She was buried on 4 SEP 1947 at Williamstown Cemetery, Williamstown, Melbourne, VIC, AustraliaG.13|
|Henry Singleton b. Jun 1896, d. c 1938|
|Marriage*||JUN 1922||She married Henry Singleton in JUN 1922 at Prestwich, LancashireG.6|
|Last Edited||15 Oct 2016|
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Croydon, Surrey, Jul-Sep 1898, vol 2a 300.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Dinah Balcolme, parents Frank John & Ellen, St John, Croydon, no. 633 p 80.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S76] London Births & Baptisms, London Workhouse Records; Greenwich Union, Grove Park; Balcombe, Dinah, single rope maker & Frank John Thomas, illegitimate child of Dinah, 6 Oct 1915.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Frank John Balcombe, 23, father Frank John Thomas, & Lillie Smith, 24, father Esau, St James, Croydon, no 322, p 161.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Dinah Balcombe & Henry Singleton, Prestwich, Lancs., Apr-Jun 1922, vol 8d 628.
- [S61] Passengers, address of origin on the manifest. P&O Balranald, London to Melbourne. Dec 1926.
- [S61] Passengers, P&O, SS Balranald, London to Melbourne. 23 Dec 1926.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Bendigo, VIC, 1931 p67.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Henty, Cheltenham VIC, 1936 p 56.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Maribyrnong, Footscray, VIC, 1942 p 195 Dinah & Robt. William Nelson, Kingsville St.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death; Dinah Nelson, VIC, father Frank Jno Balcombe, mother Helen Lane, 1947, rn 9382.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, www.findagrave.com, no 153578646.
- [S61] Passengers, age 1, with parents on the P&O Balranald, London to Melbourne.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Greenwich, London, Oct-Dec 1915, vol 1d 1768. mother Balcombe.