George Henry Mitchell1
#7619, (September 1917-19 June 1961)
|Birth*||SEP 1917 ||George Henry Mitchell was born in SEP 1917 at Gravesend, Kent, EnglandG.2 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1938 ||He married Rose Eileen Blackman, daughter of Timothy James Blackman and Rose Eliza Collier, in JUN 1938 at Gravesend, KentG.1 |
|Milit-Beg*||bt 1939 - 1945 ||George Henry Mitchell began military service bt 1939 - 1945 at Royal Engineers, New Zealand.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||29 SEP 1939 ||He lived with Timothy James Blackman and Rose Eliza Collier at 57 Alexandra Road, Gravesend, Kent, EnglandG, together with Rose Eileen Blackman.4 |
|Occupation*||17 MAR 1953 ||The occupation of George Henry Mitchell was 'Motor Mechanic.5' |
|Emigration*||17 MAR 1953 ||He and Rose Eileen Blackman emigrated on 17 MAR 1953 from Gravesend, KentG.5 |
|Residence*||1954 ||George Henry Mitchell and Rose Eileen Blackman lived at 48 Rutland Road, Mount Wellington, Auckland, North Island, New ZealandG.6 |
|Death*||19 JUN 1961 ||George Henry Mitchell died on 19 JUN 1961 at Auckland, North Island, New ZealandG, aged 43.7,8 |
|Burial*||22 JUN 1961 ||He was buried on 22 JUN 1961 at Waikumete Cemetery, Glen Eden, Auckland, North Island, New ZealandG.7 |
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage, Rose E Blackman & George H Mitchell, Gravesend, Kent, Apr-Jun 1938, vol 2a 2505.
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Gravesend, Kent, Jul-Sep 1917, vol 2a 954. mother Pipkin.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, NZ Cemetery records; Mitchell George Henry, W.O. 1874235, Royal Engineers.
- [S124] 1939 census, 2 blanked lines.
- [S61] Passengers, Glasgow to Wellington, SS Captain Cook, 17 Mar 1953.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, NZ Electoral Roll, Auckland, Otahuhu, 1954, p 33.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, on findagrave.com; #168474378. Waikumete Cemetery, Glen Eden, Plot 102 Soldiers burail, L row 5.
- [S120] New Zealand Registers, death, Geroge Henry Mitchell,age 43, 1961/25213.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016