#9922, (30 September 1838-31 August 1920)
|Birth*||30 SEP 1838 ||Henry Stacey was born on 30 SEP 1838 at Richmond, Surrey, EnglandG.2,3 |
|Baptism||28 OCT 1838 ||He was baptized on 28 OCT 1838 at St Mary Magdalen Church, Richmond, Surrey, EnglandG.2 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1851 ||He lived at George Street, Richmond, Surrey, EnglandG.4 |
|Marriage*||14 MAY 1867 ||He married Anne Shuard on 14 MAY 1867 at Robert Shuard Residence, Carey Gully, SA, AustraliaG.5 |
|Death*||31 AUG 1920 ||Henry Stacey died on 31 AUG 1920 at Uraidla, SA, AustraliaG, aged 81.6 |
|Note|| ||He is said to have come from Richmond, Surrey and the numerous trees on Ancestry gives baptism details etc. Ross Stacey give his parents as William Stacey, 1784-1867 & Ann Tracy, 1799-1840, & wife Annie Shuard.|
Kathryn Blazewicz gives his parents as William Edward Stacey, 1811-1867 & Anne Court, 1804-1863, & wife as Anne Schueard. The other trees I have seen on Ancestry offer no other information and most seem to have copied one another.
However there are two issues, one is there are a number of Henrys born in SE England about that time and with fathers of William. His obituary says he was born in Richmond, Surrey and came to Australia at the age of 20. His wife's obit. says he had been to Brazil and California looking for gold before then before coming to settling at Carey Gully and establishing a market garden.7,8
|Note*|| ||He has descendants with matches to MG & NGJ on both Ancestry and MyHeritage. The MyHeritage ones to MGJ have higher cM counts. Triangulation shows that the matches are on chromosome 11.9 |
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Faye Aarninkhof's family tree, Ancestry.com on 4 Sep 2019. no records. extrapolated.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, birth & bapt., Henry Stacey, parents William & Anne, St Mary Magdalen, Richmond, Surrey, fhl 397764/5/6.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Richmond, Surrey, Oct-Dec 1838, vol 4 387.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, with parents William & Anne, fruiterer & siblings.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, marriage; Henry Stacey, father William, & Anne Shueard, father Robert, res of Robert Shuerd, Carey Gulley, SA, vol 71, p 293.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, Henry Stacey, 31 Aug 1920, SA vol 440, p 282.
- [S131] Ancestry Trees, Glenda Cashman family tree, managed by Ross Stacey, Ancestry.com on 4 Sep 2019. no records. extrapolated.
- [S131] Ancestry Trees, Blazewicz (kathyblaze) family tree by Kathryn Blazewicz, Ancestry.com. 29 Apr 2020.
- [S128] Ancestry DNA, A number of Henry's descendants from South Australia have matches. Fay Stacey (Aarnikhof) at 9cM; Stella J Denner at 8cM, Phil Stacey at 7cM, evellyn_1 at 9cM on Ancestry and several on MyHeritage at 16 to 20cM.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Henry Charles Stacey, parents Henry Stacey & Annie shuard, Mt Lofty, SA vol 55, p 210.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Sarah Stacey, parents Henry Stacey & Annie Shuard, Carey Gully, SA vol 84, p 225.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Ancestry.com, Heritage stacey5_2019 tree by Ross Stacey, unverified.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, George Tracey Stacey, 10 Ayg 1961, SA vol 926, p 4962.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Fred Hurdle Stacey, parents Henry & Ann Shueard, Carey Gully, SA.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, Alexander William Stacey, parents Henry & Ann Shueard, Queensland.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Hilda Marion Stacey, parents Henry Stacey & Annie Shuard, Carey Gully, SA vol 386, p 462.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016