George Henry Vallins B.A1
#298, (29 May 1897-30 October 1956)
|Birth*||29 MAY 1897 ||George Henry Vallins B.A was born on 29 MAY 1897 at Sevenoaks, Kent, England.2,3 |
|Marriage*||JUN 1933 ||He married May Janet Herrington in JUN 1933 at The Wesleyan Chapel, Anerley, Surrey, England.4 |
|Death*||30 OCT 1956 ||George Henry Vallins B.A died on 30 OCT 1956 at 49 Dorking Road, Epsom, Surrey, England, aged 59.5,6 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Henry Thomas Vallins and Mary Ann Miles at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, England, together with Sabina Mary Vallins.7 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||George Henry Vallins B.A lived with Henry Thomas Vallins and Mary Ann Miles at 36 Hawthorn Grove, Penge, Surrey, England, together with Sabina Mary Vallins and Rev. Hedley James Vallins.8 |
|Education*|| || George Henry Vallins B.A was educated at Kings College, The Strand, Aldwych, London, England.1 |
|Residence||22 JUN 1918 ||He lived at 16, Arlington Grove, Penge, Surrey, England.9 |
|Milit-Beg*||22 JUN 1918 ||He began military service on 22 JUN 1918.9 |
|Occupation*||22 JUN 1918 ||The occupation of George Henry Vallins B.A was 'Teacher, Writer.9' |
|Note*|| ||He taught at Selhurst High School, Croydon for some years.1 |
|Note||1951 ||He wrote the books, 'Good English' and 'Better English' in 1951.1 |
|Residence*||1955 ||He lived at 35, Tangier Way, Burgh Heath, Surrey, England.10,11 |
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Jefferies Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Sevenoaks, Kent, Apr-Jun 1897, vol 2a 652.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, George Vallins, 1897.
- [S17] BMD indices, Croydon, Surrey, Apr-Jun 18933, vol 2a 1129.
- [S17] BMD indices, Surrey mid eastern, Oct-Dec 1956, vol 5g 219.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, probate to his widow.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, 7 rooms.
- [S77] British Army records, Image 9056.
- [S56] Phone directory, BT, Burgh Heath 1955 page 667.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, given as his home address.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016