Rodney Maurice Balcombe1
#5727, (March 1919-2 February 1942)
|Birth*||MAR 1919 ||Rodney Maurice Balcombe was born in MAR 1919 at Croydon, Surrey, England.1 |
|Death*||2 FEB 1942 ||He died on 2 FEB 1942 at Japanese POW Camp, Ambon Island, Maluku, Indonesia, aged 22.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||APR 1921 ||He lived with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith at 7 Salisbury Road, South Norwood, London, England, together with Douglas Hector Balcombe.4 |
|(Witness) Emigration||5 MAY 1921 ||Rodney Maurice Balcombe emigrated with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith on 5 MAY 1921 from South Norwood, London.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||1942 ||Rodney Maurice Balcombe lived with Frank John Balcombe and Lillie Smith at Point Nepean Street, Cheltenham, Melbourne, VIC, Australia, together with Douglas Hector Balcombe.5 |
- [S96] England & Wales Birth Index 1916-2005, birth, Croydon, Surrey, Jan-Mar 1919, vol 2a 419. mother Smith.
- [S61] Passengers, as passenger, age 2 with parents on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Ambon, Indonesia; Balcombe, Pte. Rodney Maurice, VX.31626. A.I.F. Age 23.
- [S61] Passengers, Family on P&O SS Commonwealth, London to Australia, 5 May 1921.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Victoria, 1942, Cheltenham, Henty, p 4.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016