#12693, (September 1876-15 September 1916)
|Birth*||SEP 1876 ||Walter Tillcock was born in SEP 1876 at Hertford, Hertfordshire, EnglandG.1 |
|Baptism||12 NOV 1876 ||He was baptized on 12 NOV 1876 at St Andrew's Church, Hertford, Hertfordshire, EnglandG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived with Henry Tillcock and Phoebe Peppiatt at Port Hill, Bengeo, Hertfordshire, EnglandG, together with Maria E Tillcock, Henry Oliver Tillcock, Ernest Tillcock, Margaret Tillcock and Louisa Tillcock.2 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||Walter Tillcock lived with Henry Tillcock and Phoebe Peppiatt at 1d Byds Street, Bengeo, Hertfordshire, EnglandG, together with Louisa Tillcock, Mabel Tillcock and Evelyn Tillcock.3 |
|Marriage*||1 AUG 1900 ||Walter Tillcock married Alice Blanche Maria Foot on 1 AUG 1900 at Registry Office, Islington, London, EnglandG.4 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Walter Tillcock was employed as Hotel Valet.5 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He and Alice Blanche Maria Foot lived at 78 Quinns Buildings, Essex Road, Islington, London, EnglandG, together with Walter Alfred Francis Tillcock, Harry Tillcock, Bertie Tillcock, Phoebe Blanche Valentine Tillcock and Ernest Tillcock.5 |
|Milit-Beg*||9 JUL 1915 ||Walter Tillcock began military service on 9 JUL 1915 at St Pancras, London, EnglandG.6 |
|Milit-End*||15 SEP 1916 ||He ended military service on 15 SEP 1916 at Somme, FranceG.7 |
|Death*||15 SEP 1916 ||He died on 15 SEP 1916 at FranceG.8 |
|Note*||29 MAR 1917 ||Mrs Tillcock; on receipt of postcards & photos from late husband's effects.|
I recieved the cards safe very much surprised at the contents of the packets as I did not think that Walter was keeping in company with the woman as I am is wife 8 children and 6 are still living
From Mrs Tillcock' on 29 MAR 1917.9
|Note*||16 NOV 1920 ||He has dependant of Mrs Charlotte Dupuis, later Phillips, unmarried wife & child. on 16 NOV 1920.10 |
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt., WalterTillcock, parents Henry & Phoebe, At Andrew, Hertford, fhl 991381.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Alice Blanche M Foot & Walter Tillcock, Islington, London, Jul-Sep 1900, vol 1b 811.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S77] British Army records, Walter Tillcock Short Sevice Attestation. Details of family.
- [S77] British Army records, C/6268, Rfn. Walter Tillcock, KRRC. UK WW1 Killed in Action.
- [S77] British Army records, C/6268, Rfn. Walter Tillcock, KRRC. UK WW1 Pension Ledgers List of pensioners.
- [S77] British Army records, Walter Tillcock Short Sevice Attestation. Details of family and receipt of medals and possessions.
- [S77] British Army records, C/6268, Rfn. Walter Tillcock, KRRC. UK WW1 Pension Ledgers; dependant; unmarried wife - guardian of child.
- [S77] British Army records, C/6268, Rfn. Walter Tillcock, KRRC. UK WW1 Pension Ledgers; List of children..
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016