#4880, (27 August 1870-January 1951)
|Birth*||27 AUG 1870 ||Ellen Wills was born on 27 AUG 1870 at Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.1 |
|Baptism||21 SEP 1870 ||She was baptized on 21 SEP 1870 at St James' Church, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||She lived with John James Galton Wills and Ann Eliza Russell at 3 High Street, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG, together with Mary Ann Margaret Wills, Charlotte Wills, Thomas James Wills and Ann Eliza Wills.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||Ellen Wills lived with John James Galton Wills and Ann Eliza Russell at Swan Alley, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG, together with Thomas James Wills and Susan Wills.5 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||Ellen Wills lived with Mary Ann Margaret Wills at 10 Lower Belgrave Street, Knightsbridge, London, EnglandG.6 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1901 ||Ellen Wills was employed as Barmaid for her brother-in-law.7 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||She lived with Henry Randall at Ashenden Arms, 90 Glyn Road, Hackney, London, EnglandG, together with Ellen Eliza Randall, Edward John Randall and Mary Ann Margaret Wills.8 |
|Marriage*||8 DEC 1909 ||Ellen Wills married Henry Smith on 8 DEC 1909 at Poole, DorsetG, witnessed by Mary Ann Margaret Wills and Thomas James Wills.9 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||Ellen Wills and Henry Smith lived at 96a Glyn Street, Clapton Park, London, EnglandG, together with Alice Smith and Elsie Smith.10 |
|Residence*||29 SEP 1939 ||Ellen Wills and Mary Ann Margaret Wills lived at 77 Clifden Road, Hackney, London, EnglandG.11 |
|Death*||JAN 1951 ||Ellen Wills died in JAN 1951 at Hackney, London, EnglandG, aged 80.12 |
|Burial*||30 JAN 1951 ||She was buried on 30 JAN 1951 at Chingford Mount Cemetery, Waltham Forest, London, EnglandG.12 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jul-Sep 1870, vol 5a 301.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, age & birthplace.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Ellen Wills, parents James John & Ann Eliza, St James, Poole, Dorset, no 2073, p 260.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, as Cook for Arthur Smith, retd Army. visitor her sister Ellen.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, Margaret as visitor & Ellen as worker.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Henry Smith, 37, widower, father William, & Ellen Wills, 37, spinster, father John James Galton, (dec.) St James, Poole, no 55, p 28.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, present with Ellen written as Helen, married 1 year. Two children, Alice, 14 & Elsie,2. Father-in-law Robert Cracknell, widower, 72.
- [S124] 1939 census.
- [S109] England, Deaths & Burials, Burial Register, Chingford Mount, London. register 81386, p 168. with husband Henry & his 1st wife..
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016