John Alexander McNeill1
#4912, (24 February 1875-September 1955)
|Birth*||24 FEB 1875 ||John Alexander McNeill was born on 24 FEB 1875 at Portree, Ise of Skye, Inverness, ScotlandG.2 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||He lived at 1 Bank Street, Portree, Inverness, ScotlandG.2 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived at 5 Leinster Gardens, Paddington, London, EnglandG.3 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1901 ||He was employed as Footman.3 |
|Marriage*||10 JUN 1909 ||He married Ellen Eliza Randall, daughter of Henry Randall and Ann Eliza Wills, on 10 JUN 1909 at St Mark's Church, Dalston, London, EnglandG, witnessed by Henry Randall.4,5 |
|Employment||3 OCT 1909 ||John Alexander McNeill was employed as Seaman.6 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||He was employed as Stevedore.7 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He and Ellen Eliza Randall lived at 148 Abbey Street, Bermondsey, London, EnglandG, together with Malcolm Henry Alexander McNeill.8 |
|Employment||29 SEP 1939 ||John Alexander McNeill was employed as Dock Storekeeper.9 |
|Residence||29 SEP 1939 ||He and Ellen Eliza Randall lived at 2 Avondale House, Camberwell, London, EnglandG, together with George McNeill and John Neil McNeill.9 |
|Death*||SEP 1955 ||John Alexander McNeill died in SEP 1955 at Maldon, Essex, EnglandG, aged 80.10 |
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; John Alexander McNeill, 31, father Malcolm McNeill, & Ellen Eliza Randall, 21, father Henry, St Mark, Dalston, London.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, Scotland census, place, mother, siblings & age. 1881.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, footman, Annesley household. b. Scotland.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; John Alexander McNeill, 31, father Malcolm McNeill, ship captain, & Ellen Eliza Randall, 21, father Henry, St Mark, Dalston, London. no 275, p 138.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; John Alexander McNeill & Ellen Eliza Randall, Hackney, London, Apr-Jun 1909, vol 1b 757.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt., Malcolm Henry Alexander McNeill, father a seaman.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, signed for the occupants. same address as Ellen's father.
- [S124] 1939 register.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 80, Maldon, Essex, Sep 1955, vol 4a 495.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, age & birthplace.
- [S124] 1939 register, date of birth.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, St Olave Bermondsey, Jul-Sep 1912, vol 1d 384.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016