Royal Vivian Thomas Berg1
#5332, (1894-28 November 1953)
|Birth*||1894 ||Royal Vivian Thomas Berg was born in 1894 at Carcoar, NSW, AustraliaG.1 |
|Marriage*||1916 ||He married Elsie Neenah Press in 1916 at Junee, NSW, AustraliaG.2 |
|Criminal*||2 MAR 1921 ||Royal Vivian Thomas Berg was arrested for murder of Elsie Neemah Berg on 2 MAR 1921 at Sydney, NSW, AustraliaG.3,4 |
|Note*|| ||He and Elsie Neenah Press Royal V Berg found not guilty of manslaughter of his wife Elsie Neemah Berg in the chambers of George Gunter, homeopath after her death resulting from a medical procedure by Mr Gunther. Gunther found guilty. at Sydney, NSWG.5 |
|Criminal||9 MAY 1921 ||Royal Vivian Thomas Berg was convicted of manslaugher with strong recommendation to mercy & 3 years H.L., on 9 MAY 1921 at Sydney, NSWG.6 |
|Marriage*||11 FEB 1928 ||He married Jean Martha Edwards on 11 FEB 1928 at St Aidan's Church, Annandale, Sydney, NSW, AustraliaG.7,8 |
|(Witness) Residence||1930 ||Royal Vivian Thomas Berg lived with Eliza Jane Gattrell at Rodd Street, Canowindra, NSW, AustraliaG.9 |
|Occupation*||fr 1930 - 1953 ||The occupation of Royal Vivian Thomas Berg was 'Baker.10' |
|Residence*||1953 ||He and Jean Martha Edwards lived at Queen Street, Barmedman, NSW, AustraliaG.11 |
|Death*||28 NOV 1953 ||Royal Vivian Thomas Berg died on 28 NOV 1953 at Barmedman, NSW, AustraliaG.10 |
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, birth, Royal V T Berg, parents Francis & Eliza J, Carcoar, NSW, 1894 no 9667.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, marriage, Royal V T Berg & Elsie N Press, Junee, NSW, 1916, no 10185.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, NSW Police Gazette 2 Mar., 1921. Arrested for murder of Elsie Neenah Berg on the 1st. in Sydney with George Gunter; committed to Central Criminal courth by the Coroner.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, Northern Star 18 Feb 1921
CHARGE OF MURDER.
RESULT OF BERG INQUIRY.
SYDNEY, Wednesday.—The coroner held an inquiry into the death of Mrs. Elsie Berg, aged 26, which occurred in the consulting room of George Gunter, homeopathist, on February 1st. Royal Berg, widower, and Gunter were both present in court. Dr. Norrie stated on February 1 Gunter asked him to go to his room and see a lady who appeared to be dead. He found Mrs. Berg lying on a couch dead. Her husband was in the room at the time. Sergt. Russell stated Gunter informed him Mrs. Berg came to his rooms by appointment made by her husband over the telephone. Later Berg himself came into the room and said his wife was suffering from nasal catarrh. He brought her to Gunter in order that her ailment might be fixed up quickly as he and his wife intended leaving for Condobolin that night. Sergt. Russell produced a number of instruments found on the premises. In other evidence given both Berg and Gunter said they were unaware of Mrs. Berg's condition. The coroner found that Mrs. Berg died from a mechanical operation performed by George Gunter, assisted by her husband, and he committed both for trial on a charge of murder.
- [S122] Newspaper records, aricle on the charge of manslaughter against George Gunter, homeopath, & Royal V Berg, husband of Elsie Neemah Berg. 'Young Witness', Thursday 12 May 1921, p 3.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, NSW Police Gazette 25 May 1921. Convicted of manslaughter of Elsie Neenah Berg with George Gunter; committed to 3 yeas hard labour. Central Criminal court.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, marriage; Royal V T Berg & Jean Edwards, Annandale, NSW 1928, no 926.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Royal Vivian Thomas Berg & Jean Edwards, St Aidans Anglican Church, Annandale, NSW. no 208.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Elelctoral Roll, Cudal, 1930, p 5.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, death; NSW Deceased Estate Index 1958, no B 93051.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, Barmedman subdivision, 1954 p 1.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, ancestry.com Kelly Rundle family, no references.
- [S97] Australia BMD Indices, death, Bil Berg, parents Royal Vivian Thomas & Jean, nee Edwards, Grantham Private Hospital, Canowindra 1938.
- [S60] Aus Elect. Roll, on electoral roll for Barmedman, baker, est birth.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016