Henry Herbert Ashdown1
#5661, (December 1894-4 May 1917)
|Birth*||DEC 1894 ||Henry Herbert Ashdown was born in DEC 1894 at Wrotham, Kent, EnglandG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with Henry James Ashdown and Frances Ellen Stone at Old Soar Farm Cottages, Plaxtol, Kent, EnglandG, together with George Offyn Janes, Harriet Fanny Ashdown, Frederick Cyril Ashdown and Mary Florence Ashdown.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Henry Herbert Ashdown lived with Henry James Ashdown and Frances Ellen Stone at 7 Whatcote Cottages, Wrotham, Kent, EnglandG, together with Frederick Cyril Ashdown, Mary Florence Ashdown, Ivy Ethel Ashdown, Hilda Lily Ashdown and James Victor Edward Ashdown.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||2 SEP 1914 ||Henry Herbert Ashdown began military service on 2 SEP 1914 at Tonbridge, Kent, EnglandG.5 |
|Death*||4 MAY 1917 ||He died on 4 MAY 1917 at The Western Front, Picardy, France, aged 22.6 |
|Burial*||1919 ||He was buried in 1919 at Faubourg-d'Amiens Cemetery, Arras, Picardy, FranceG.6 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Malling, Kent, Oct-Dec 1894, vol 2a 629.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & birthplace.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S77] British Army records, signed on as Herbert Ashdown. No 768, Royal West Kent Regt.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Ashdown, Pte. Henry Herbert, G/768. 6th Bn. Royal West Kent Regt. Killed in action.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016