Ernest Herbert Burnett1
#7486, (3 September 1898-25 April 1915)
|Birth*||3 SEP 1898 ||Ernest Herbert Burnett was born on 3 SEP 1898 at Meopham, Kent, EnglandG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901 ||He lived with William Burnett and Eliza Ann Nichols at Priesthood Cottage, Meopham, Kent, EnglandG, together with Arthur Alfred Burnett, William John Burnett, Frederick Burnett, Richard Burnett, Septimus Charles Burnett DCM, MM and Clara May Burnett.3 |
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911 ||Ernest Herbert Burnett lived with William Burnett and Eliza Ann Nichols at Meopham, KentG, together with Arthur Alfred Burnett.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||11 MAR 1914 ||Ernest Herbert Burnett began military service on 11 MAR 1914 at Chatham, Kent, EnglandG.5 |
|Death*||25 APR 1915 ||He died on 25 APR 1915 at HMS 'Cornwallis', Gallipoli, Dardanelles, TurkeyG, aged 16.6 |
|Note*||1916 ||He Killed in action as HMS 'Cornwallis' was shelled by shore batteries during landings at Morto Bay. in 1916.6 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Strood, Kent, Oct-Dec 1898.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & place.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S116] UK Royal Navy, Service Register for J30268, Ernest Herbert Burnett, Boy, age 12.
- [S106] UK Commonwealth War Graves, Memorial Register, Chatham Part 2. Killed in action, body not found.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016