#252, (1815-3 November 1876)
|Birth*||1815 ||Harriet Crockford was born in 1815 at Cudham, Kent, England.2 |
|Baptism||2 APR 1815 ||She was baptized on 2 APR 1815 at Cudham, Kent.3 |
|Marriage*||25 MAY 1852 ||She married John Titchener, son of William Titchener and Fanny Meekhams, on 25 MAY 1852 at St Leonard's Church, Streatham, Surrey, England, witnessed by John Carll and Mary Crockford.4,5 |
|Death*||3 NOV 1876 ||Harriet Crockford died on 3 NOV 1876 at Chelsfield, Kent, England.6 |
|Burial*||8 NOV 1876 ||She was buried on 8 NOV 1876 at St Martin of Tours Church, Chelsfield, Kent, England, with granddaughter Harriet Annie Mary.7,8 |
|(Witness) Residence||b 1816 ||She lived with Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland at Leaves Green, Kent, England.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||a 1816 ||Harriet Crockford lived with Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland at Hewitts Farm, Chelsfield, Kent, England, together with Mary Crockford.1,9 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||Harriet Crockford lived with Thomas Crockford and Eleanor Buckland at Chelsfield, Kent, together with William Crockford.10 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||Harriet Crockford lived with Eleanor Buckland at Chelsfield, Kent.11,12 |
|Married Name||25 MAY 1852 ||Her married name was Titchener.13 |
|Residence*||JUN 1852 ||Harriet Crockford and John Titchener lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, England, together with Eleanor Buckland.9 |
|(Witness) Employment||30 MAR 1861 ||Harriet Crockford witnessed the employment of John Titchener on 30 MAR 1861 at Chelsfield, Kent.14 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||Harriet Crockford and John Titchener lived at Well Hill, Chelsfield, Kent, together with Henry John Titchener, Mary Crockford Titchener and John Thomas Titchener.15 |
- [S10] AMJefferies researches, Letter to FWJ, 6 Dec 1985.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, with mother.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, father Thomas Crockford, mother Eleanor.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; John Titchener, 34, widower,father William, & Harriet Crockford, 38, father Thomas; no 406, Streatham, by JR Nicholl, Rector.
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth, Apr-June 1852 vol 1d 647.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, on tombatone in churchyard.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Headstone. Harriet wife of John Titchener of this parish died November 3 1876 aged 61. Also Dear Little Hartie, granddaughter of the above died December 11 1887 aged 21 months.
- [S20] International Genealogical Index (1982), burial, given as death, Chelsfield, I012141.
- [S9] TITCHENER, Edward George; A Family History (transcript) (undated).
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, in census.
- [S9] TITCHENER, Edward George; A Family History (transcript) (undated), quote, 'The cottage near the wells in Back Hill.'
- [S17] BMD indices.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, says 10 Well Hill.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016