#741, (11 November 1846-circa 1888)
|Birth*||11 NOV 1846 ||George Jefferies was born on 11 NOV 1846 at Castle Hedingham, Essex, EnglandG.2,3 |
|Baptism||13 DEC 1846 ||He was baptized on 13 DEC 1846 at St Nicholas' Church, Castle Hedingham, Essex, EnglandG.2,4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||He lived with George Jefferies and Mary Ann Flood at Queen Street, Castle Hedingham, Essex, EnglandG, together with Louisa Jefferies, Anna Jane Jefferies, John Jefferies, Fanny Mary Ann Jefferies, Frederick William Jefferies and Alfred Charles Jefferies.5 |
|Marriage*||10 FEB 1870 ||George Jefferies married Elizabeth Summerfield on 10 FEB 1870 at All Saints, Battle Ridge, Middlesex, EnglandG, witnessed by Louisa Jefferies.6,7 |
|Employment||30 MAR 1871 ||George Jefferies was employed as Railway Porter.8 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1871 ||He and Elizabeth Summerfield lived at 16, Bemerton Street, Islington, Middlesex, EnglandG, together with Elizabeth Jefferies and Alfred Charles Jefferies.8 |
|Residence*||28 JUN 1880 ||George Jefferies lived at 7 Queens Street, Stepney, London, EnglandG.9 |
|Marriage*||29 JUN 1880 ||He married Sarah Tilney, daughter of Edward Tilney, on 29 JUN 1880 at St. Dunstan & All Saints, Stepney, Middlesex, EnglandG.10 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1881 ||George Jefferies was employed as Foreman Fish Curer.11 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1881 ||He and Sarah Tilney lived at 7 Queen Street, Mile End New Town, Tower Hamlets, London, EnglandG, together with Alice Maud Jefferies.11 |
|Death*||c 1888 ||George Jefferies died c 1888 at Bethnal Green, London, EnglandG.12 |
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, age of 4 at census.
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, Castle Hedingham Parish records.
- [S17] BMD indices, Halstead, Essex, Oct-Dec 1846, vol 12 118.
- [S48] Parish Register, Parish Registers; Castle Hedingham, Essex. father George, mother Mary-Anne.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, Age 23 at marriage to George Jefferies.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, .
- [S80] London, Marriages & Banns, From Sarah's marriage record to George Jefferies, age 33.
- [S80] London, Marriages & Banns, From Sarah's marriage record to George Jefferies.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, Born Castle Hedingham.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, before 1891 census, Sarah a widow.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, birthplace on census, age 3.
- [S17] BMD indices, Islington, Middlesex, Jul-Sep 1871, vol 1b 197.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 12.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 9.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 7.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016