Osborne Leonard Gough1
#2609, (22 March 1885-3 May 1917)
|Birth*||22 MAR 1885 ||Osborne Leonard Gough was born on 22 MAR 1885 at Wrexham, Denbighshire, WalesG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891 ||He lived with David Gough and Ann Bunting at Poplar Cottages, Lower Gwersyllt, Denbighshire, WalesG, together with Roland Gough, Reece Gough, Ada Miriam Gough, David Robert Gough, Ernest Llewelyn Gough, Harold Cadwalida Gough, Ethel Florence Gough and Walter Gladwyn Gough.3 |
|Marriage*||OCT 1906 ||Osborne Leonard Gough married Sarah Elizabeth Jones, daughter of Thomas Jones and Jane Williams, in OCT 1906 at Wrexham, DenbighshireG.4 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||Osborne Leonard Gough was employed as Miner (coal hewer.)5 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||He lived at 37 Wheldon Road, Castleford, Yorkshire, EnglandG.6 |
|Name Variation|| ||He was also known as Leonard Gough Osbourne.7 |
|Death*||3 MAY 1917 ||He killed in action on 3 MAY 1917 at Bullecourt, Picardy, FranceG, aged 32.8 |
|Burial*|| ||He was buried at Faubourg-d'Amiens Cemetery, Arras, Picardy, FranceG.9 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth; Wrexham, Denbigh, Apr-Jun 1885, vol 11b 293.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, age 47.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S17] BMD indices, marriage; Sarah Elizabeth Jones & Osbourne Leonard Gough, Wrexham, Denbigh, Oct-Dec 1906, vol 11b 478.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, staying with brother Ernest Llewellyn Gough, wife Eliza Adelaide & her father Edwin Wright.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Commonwealth War Graves; addenda panel. Name as Leonard Gough Osbourne. Error discovered by his granddaughter Hilary Mead.
- [S77] British Army records, killed in action; Bullecourt, France (rec. as Leonard Gough Osbourne); Sgt. 2/5th Batallion, King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry.
- [S28] Monumental inscription, Commonwealth War Graves; addenda panel. Name as Leonard Gough Osbourne.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 92, Pontefract, Yorks. Dec 2003, B39D 098/1B 262.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016