John Alfred Davis1
#3565, (September 1868-September 1930)
|Birth*||SEP 1868 ||John Alfred Davis was born in SEP 1868 at Chieveley, Berkshire, EnglandG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||He lived with John Davis and Mary Bishop at Bucklebury, Berkshire, EnglandG, together with Annie Davis, Harry John Davis, Ellen Louisa Davis, George William Bishop Davis, Fanny Eliza Davis, Elizabeth Jane Davis and Tom Charles Davis.3 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1881 ||John Alfred Davis lived at Station Road, Thatcham, Berkshire, EnglandG.4 |
|Milit-Beg*||29 FEB 1888 ||He began military service on 29 FEB 1888 at Aldershot, Hampshire, EnglandG.5 |
|Marriage*||DEC 1896 ||He married Mary Anne Gore in DEC 1896 at Newbury, Berkshire, EnglandG.6 |
|Note*||1900 ||John Alfred Davis Fought in Sudan, Egypt, India (6 years), and South Africa (1 year). Medals for S.A., relief of Chitral & SuaKim. 13 years total. in 1900.7 |
|Milit-End*||28 FEB 1901 ||He ended military service on 28 FEB 1901 at Berkshire, EnglandG.7 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1901 ||He and Mary Anne Gore lived at But Meadow, Woolhampton, Berkshire, EnglandG, together with Edward Ernest Gore, Winifred Davis, Dorothy Davis and Harriett Davis.8 |
|Employment*||2 APR 1911 ||John Alfred Davis was employed as Cellarman.9 |
|Residence||2 APR 1911 ||He and Mary Anne Gore lived at The But Cottage, Aldermaston Wharf, Berkshire, EnglandG, together with Dorothy Davis, Harriett Davis, Jack Davis, William Davis, Irene Davis, Walter Gilbert Alfred Davis and Hector Davis.9 |
|Death*||SEP 1930 ||John Alfred Davis died in SEP 1930 at Newbury, BerkshireG.10 |
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Newbury, Berks., Jul-Sep 1868, vol 2c 223.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age & birthplace.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, servant, Lyon family.
- [S77] British Army records, Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner records. No 2643, 2nd Bn., Kings Own Scottish Borderers.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Mary Ann Gore & John Alfred Davis, Newbury, Berks., Oct-Dec 1896, vol 2c 535.
- [S77] British Army records, Royal Hospital Chelsea Pensioner records. No 2643, Kings Own Scottish Borderers.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 62, Newbury, Berks., Sep 1930, vol 2c 272.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census, age & place.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016