Ellen Louisa Davis1
#3568, (July 1860-September 1947)
|Birth*||JUL 1860 ||Ellen Louisa Davis was born in JUL 1860 at Christchurch, Hampshire, EnglandG.3 |
|Baptism||8 JUL 1860 ||She was baptized on 8 JUL 1860 at Christchurch, HampshireG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1861 ||She lived with John Davis and Mary Bishop at Theales Street, Tilehurst, Berkshire, EnglandG, together with Annie Davis and Harry John Davis.4 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1871 ||Ellen Louisa Davis lived with John Davis and Mary Bishop at Bucklebury, Berkshire, EnglandG, together with Annie Davis, Harry John Davis, George William Bishop Davis, Fanny Eliza Davis, Elizabeth Jane Davis, John Alfred Davis and Tom Charles Davis.5 |
|Residence||30 MAR 1881 ||Ellen Louisa Davis lived at Station Road, Thatcham, Berkshire, EnglandG.6 |
|Residence*||30 MAR 1891 ||She lived at Hillfield, Carshalton, Surrey, EnglandG.7 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1891 ||She was employed as Parlour Maid.7 |
|Marriage*||26 NOV 1892 ||She married Ernest George Young on 26 NOV 1892 at Holy Trinity Church, Rotherfield Greys, Berkshire, EnglandG, witnessed by Tom Charles Davis.8 |
|Residence*||2 APR 1911 ||Ellen Louisa Davis and Ernest George Young lived at 4 Park Road, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, EnglandG, together with Frank Ernest Young and Ada Louisa Young.9 |
|Residence||29 SEP 1939 ||Ellen Louisa Davis lived at 4 Friday Street, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, EnglandG.10 |
|Death*||SEP 1947 ||She died in SEP 1947 at Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, EnglandG, aged 87.11 |
- [S65] England & Wales Christenings, bapt., Ellen Louisa Davis, parents John & Mary, Christchurch, Hants., fhl 1041290.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census, age & birthplace.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Christchurch, Hants., Jul-Sep 1860, vol 2b 478.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census.
- [S45] Extracted from the 1871 census.
- [S21] Extracted from the 1881 census, servant, Lyon family, with brother John Alfred.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census, servant, Martha Urmson.
- [S48] Parish Register, marriage; Ellen Louisa Davis, 30, father John, & Ernest George Young, 23, father Caleb Thomas, Holy Trinity, Henley, no 330. p 165.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, note three children not living at census.
- [S124] 1939 register, housekeeper for John Burmingham, widow.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 87, Henley, Berks., Sep 1947, vol 6b 651.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, age & place.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016