#526, (10 April 1839-April 1869)
|Name Variation|| ||William Jeffries was also known as Jefferies.3 |
|Birth*||10 APR 1839 ||He was born on 10 APR 1839 at Sible Hedingham, Essex, EnglandG.1 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1841 ||He lived with Jonathan Jeffries and Harriet Button at Swan Street, Sible Hedingham, Essex, EnglandG, together with Peter Button Jefferies.4,5 |
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1851 ||William Jeffries lived with Jonathan Jeffries and Harriet Button at Sible Hedingham, EssexG, together with Henry Jefferies and Peter Button Jefferies.6 |
|Employment*||30 MAR 1851 ||William Jeffries was employed as Errand Boy.7 |
|(Witness) ResearchNote||b 1861 ||Research Note: The Jefferies family moved to Streatham before 1861; Jonathan was employed as coachman to Rev John Richard Nicholl, Rector of Streatham and Harriet was laundress to the Nicholl household.8 |
|Death*||APR 1869 ||He died in APR 1869 at Wandsworth, London, EnglandG.9 |
|Burial*||17 JUN 1869 ||He was buried on 17 JUN 1869 at South Metropolitan Cemetary, Norwood, Surrey, EnglandG.10 |
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, BXBZ852305, William JEFFRIES.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates.
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth, Surrey, death record. vol 1d 350.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, BCA282891, Peter Button JEFFERIES.
- [S25] Extracted from the 1841 census, HO 107/332/8.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census, Lists Jonathan as Servant, lives next door to Curate Thomas ?Pearse.
- [S26] Extracted from the 1851 census.
- [S44] Extracted from the 1861 census, The family was in Streatham by 1861 but the census records for their residence are lost. Information from John W Brown, Streatham Historical Society.
- [S17] BMD indices, Wandsworth, Surrey, Apr-Jun 1869, vol 1d 350.
- [S74] London Deaths & Burials, London Metropolitan Archives, Norwood Cemetery, Norwood Road, Lambeth, Transcript of Burials, 1869, no. 31862.
@ Michael Jefferies, 2016