|Father*||Tom Galton b. 12 Jun 1875, d. 4 Feb 1948|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Ann Smith b. 2 Feb 1875, d. 8 Aug 1936|
|Charts||The Galtons of Poole|
The Davis' of Christchurch
The Gatrells from Christchurch
The Smiths of the Deepings
The Bettles of the Deepings
The Palmers of Deeping St James
The Woodwards of Lincolnshire
The Todds of Rutland & the Deepings
|Birth*||21 DEC 1905||Hattie Galton was born on 21 DEC 1905 at 2 Trafalgar Row, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.2,3,4|
|Baptism||4 FEB 1906||He was baptized on 4 FEB 1906 at St Paul's Church, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG.5|
|Note*||4 FEB 1906||Called 'Hattie' after a friend of his father's known as Hattie Bugde (Hatton Budge.)6|
|(Witness) Residence||2 APR 1911||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at 9 Chapel Lane, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG, together with Edith Elsie Galton.7|
|(Witness) Residence||10 JUN 1918||Hattie Galton lived with Elizabeth Ann Smith and Tom Galton at 142 High Street, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG, together with Emma Smith, Edith Elsie Galton and Philip Edward Tom Galton.8|
|Note||1924||Hattie Galton worked in a Solicitors office but found it deadly dull so he took up an invitation to work for his maternal uncle, Stephen Smith #216. q.v. in 1924.6|
|(Witness) Residence||1925||He lived with Tom Galton and Elizabeth Ann Smith at EDHAPHIL, 32 Serpentine Road, Poole, Dorset, EnglandG, together with Philip Edward Tom Galton and Edith Elsie Galton.6|
|Name Variation||Hattie Galton was also known as Harry.6|
|Residence*||20 APR 1925||He lived at Poole, DorsetG.9|
|Emigration*||24 APR 1925||He emigrated on 24 APR 1925 from Southampton, Hampshire, EnglandG.10|
|Residence||3 MAY 1925||He lived at Transcoma, Manitoba, CanadaG.11|
|Occupation||3 MAY 1925||The occupation of Hattie Galton was 'given as Clerk; to do Farm Work.12'|
|Employment*||MAY 1933||He was employed as Railroad Carpenter for the CPR.13|
|Note||6 MAY 1933||He arrived from Quebec on 6 MAY 1933 at Southampton, HampshireG.14|
|(Witness) Residence||6 MAY 1933||He lived with James Henry Dibben and Nellie Galton at The Wellington Hotel, Aldershot, Hampshire, EnglandG, together with Irene Alice Dibben.14|
|Note||20 JAN 1934||On return to Canada gives destination address as to Mrs Harry Galton (Euphamia Green - m.31 Mar 1928), 1560 Alexander Avenue, Winnipeg. on 20 JAN 1934 at Halifax, Nova Scotia, CanadaG.15|
|Note||fr 1940 - 1945||Hattie Galton joined the Merchant Navy & worked in the dockyards as a carpenter fr 1940 - 1945 at St John's, Newfoundland, CanadaG.6|
|Marriage*||14 JUN 1941||He married Ann Ziprick, daughter of Mastire N E Ziprick and Minnie ?, on 14 JUN 1941 at Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaG.16|
|Residence*||1965||Hattie Galton and Ann Ziprick lived at 877 Dominion Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaG.17|
|(Witness) Marriage||25 MAY 1968||Hattie Galton witnessed the marriage of John Howard Mathieson and Elaine Ann Galton on 25 MAY 1968 at Harstone Uniting Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaG.16|
|Death*||26 JAN 1974||Hattie Galton died on 26 JAN 1974 at Winnipeg, ManitobaG, aged 68.|
|Burial*||He was buried at Brookside Cemetery, Winnipeg, Manitoba, CanadaG.18|
|Ann Ziprick b. 17 Nov 1914, d. 17 Feb 1981|
|Marriage*||14 JUN 1941||He married Ann Ziprick, daughter of Mastire N E Ziprick and Minnie ?, on 14 JUN 1941 at Winnipeg, ManitobaG.16|
|Last Edited||25 Aug 2018|
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, Birth certificate.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, birth, short, Poole, Dorset, No. 219, Book 49. 1905.
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Poole, Dorset, Jan-Mar 1906, vol 5a 256.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, Bible of Ann Todd, Market Deeping 1882; birth dates; at 1/4 to 2 in the morning.
- [S48] Parish Register, bapt., Hattie Galton, father Tom; mother Elizabeth Ann, St Pauls, Poole, no 365, p 46.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from 'Notes on the Galton Tree by FWJ, 1985.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, 5 rooms.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, from a Visitors Declaration Form, B.M. 24, Ministry of Food by E Smith, to household of E Galton, 142 High Street, Poole. 10 Jun 1918 and other ration books of the time.
- [S61] Passengers, on Canadian passenger list, Quenec: MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Immigration passenger lists: Quebec, MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Passenger List, MV Antonia at Quebec.
- [S61] Passengers, given on passenger list: MV Antonia, Cunard Line.
- [S61] Passengers, UK Incoming Passenger List 1878-1960.
- [S61] Passengers, UK Incoming Passenger List, MV Montrose at Southampton.
- [S61] Passengers, Canadian Passenger List 1865-1935, Jan 1934, 'Montcalm', Returned Canadian List. From Liverpool to Halifax, 12 Jan 1934.
- [S30] Mathieson, Howard (201) letter.
- [S111] Canada Census, Electoral Register, Winnipeg South Central ,1965, p 1.
- [S54] Internet source/web sites inc. trees, www.findagrave.com. no 111457292.