DNA analyses have been done on five family members, for myself with AncestryDNA and MyHeritage, and for daughter Louise Simon, son Nicholas Jefferies and nieces Melissa Clark & Elinor Nash, with AncestryDNA.
The other close family test I know of is on my 1st cousin Elaine Mathieson, nee Galton, on Ancestry. While her tree is private her matches are useful in confirming matches are from my mother's family.
In addition I have done a Y-DNA test with Family Tree DNA. It identifies me in the R-M269 Haplogroup. No matches to persons with Jefferies surnames have been found so far. Discussions with other known Jefferies males descended from Jonathon Jefferies 1782-1858 are in hand with the objective of having more Y-DNA tests done.
Anyone with queries about possible DNA matches to me or to the other members of the family are welcome.
- DNA Test details A more detailed description of the tests done and tools used in result analyses.
The Jefferies familiesThe families that are in the ancestry of Frank William Jefferies.
- Harrington/Camp From Essex, Suffolk & Hertfordshire
- Jefferies/Button From NE Essex & SW Suffolk.
- Stacey/Titchener From Surrey & West Kent
- Wansbury/Lane From Surrey & West Kent.
The Galton familiesThe families that are in the ancestry of Edith Elsie Galton.
- Galton/Grady From East Dorset.
- Davis/Gatrell From Dorset & Hampshire.
- Smith/Palmer .From Northamptonshire, south Lincolnshire, Rutland & north Cambridge.
- Todd/Bettles from Northamptonshire & Rutland.
The Mead familiesThe families from Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire that are in the ancestry of Charlie Mead.
- Mead/Peppiatt The families from Edlesborough, Totterhoe, Eaton Bray & Billington.
The Gough familiesThe ancestors of Florence Mary Gough of Wrexham & Dunstable.
- Gough/Davies The Goughs from Wrexham