DNA analyses have been done on three family members, for myself with AncestryDNA and MyHeritage, and for daughter Louise and son Nicholas, both with AncestryDNA.
My Ancestry DNA analysis was done in April 2018 and is linked to a tree on Ancestry.com called the Wansbury Family Tree. The results are also on GEDmatch Genesis and my resource is A388365. GEDmatch is a way of matching DNA results with others on the site, this includes results not done through Ancestry and the basic results are free. The test on MyHeritage, done earlier, under my name is also on GEDmatch Genesis with the resource number of XS1719736.
With GEDmatch I am gradually analysing the matches on an individual chromosome basis as this shows where one might find persons who have taken test with unknown connections to the lineages. This is helped by the use of the visualisation program called DNAPainter which allows the mapping of chromosome segments onto the 23 pairs of chromosomes to reveal areas which coincide or overlap to one's own chromosomes thus also revealing, or refuting, family connections.
The family results are discussed in the pages attached. The revision date is at the bottom.
Louise's and Nicholas' results are linked to a tree on Ancestry called Mead/Gough family tree. These tests have picked up a large number of relatives back to the mid 1700's. The tests show that the fact that they have inherited different strands of DNA from their mother (as expected, since the inheritance process is random) is going to provide a broader view of their ancestry from their mothers family.
Their Mead/Gough family groups will be added in a future update after more research. However the known matches are listed in the Tested Persons Index, link below.
So far the matching analysis done against other DNA tests on Ancestry and My Heritage has revealed links not previously known to me and confirmed several very well supported links. It has also thrown up trees for persons one would expect a match to that are not supported by the DNA matching and these may end up of being even more important to sort out relationships on this web site.
I am reaching out to persons who are identified by these processes, especially those on GEDmatch as the whole rational for GEDmatch is collaboration. I have some very helpful repiles in some cases and none, so far, in others.
- Tested persons index
A list of those tested and/or ancestors of persons tested but alive.
The Jefferies familiesThe families that in the ancestry of Frank William Jefferies of Streatham, London.
- Jefferies/Button Links to the surnames Jefferies, Button, Skipper from Essex & Suffolk.
- Harrington/Camp Links to the families Harrington, Garner, Camp from Essex & Hertfordshire.
- Stacey/Titchener Links to surnames of Stacey, Streatfield, Titchener, Meacoms from West Kent and Surrey.
- Wansbury/Lane Links to the families of Wansbury, Plummer, Lane & Streatfield from West Kent & Surrey.
The Galton familiesThe families that are in the ancestry of Edith Elsie Galton of Poole, Dorset.
- Galton/Grady The families of Galton, Grady, Anstey & Standley from East Dorset.
- Davis/Gatrell The families of Davis, Gatrell, Bowler & Preston from West Hampshire.
- Smith/Palmer The families of Smith, Palmer, Freeman & Woodward of south Lincolnshire, Rutland & Northants.
- Todd/Bettles The families of Todd, Bettles, Hill & Skinner from Rutland & Northants.