Albert Henry Jefferies
|Father*||Peter Button Jefferies b. 31 Jan 1841, d. 1 Sep 1908|
|Mother*||Sarah Harrington b. 12 Jan 1843, d. 12 Feb 1928|
|Charts||The Jefferies of Sible Hedingham, Essex|
The Brettons of Sible Hedingham
The Harringtons of Castle Hedingham, Essex..
|Birth*||10 MAR 1882||Albert Henry Jefferies was born on 10 MAR 1882 at 2 Bourne Place, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.1,2|
|Baptism||4 JUN 1882||He was baptized on 4 JUN 1882 at St Leonard's Church, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.3|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1891||He lived with Peter Button Jefferies and Sarah Harrington at Streatham, SurreyG, together with Peter James Jefferies, Walter John Jefferies, Alice Ethel Jefferies, Charles Edward Jefferies and William Frederick Jefferies.4|
|(Witness) Residence||30 MAR 1901||Albert Henry Jefferies lived with Peter Button Jefferies and Sarah Harrington at 4 Wellfield Road, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG, together with Alice Ethel Jefferies and William Frederick Jefferies.5|
|(Witness) Marriage||27 FEB 1907||Albert Henry Jefferies witnessed the marriage of Walter John Jefferies and Gertrude Emma Stacey on 27 FEB 1907 at Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Broadway, Streatham, London, EnglandG.6,7|
|INTerests*||Albert Henry Jefferies was interested in singing (baritone) and cycling.8|
|Residence||30 MAR 1911||He lived at 4 Wellfield Road, Streatham, London, EnglandG, together with Alice Ethel Jefferies and Sarah Harrington.9|
|Occupation*||30 MAR 1911||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Boot repairer.10'|
|(Witness) Marriage||18 JUN 1911||He witnessed the marriage of George Charsley and Alice Ethel Jefferies on 18 JUN 1911 at Streatham, SurreyG.11,12|
|Milit-Beg*||c 1915||Albert Henry Jefferies began military service c 1915 at London, EnglandG.13,14,15|
|Milit-End*||c 1919||He ended military service c 1919.16|
|(Witness) Residence||1924||He lived with Alice Ethel Jefferies and George Charsley at 355 Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London, EnglandG.17|
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1926||Albert Henry Jefferies married Alice Mary Spencer, daughter of John William Spencer and Rose Alice W Bradford, on 4 AUG 1926 at Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.18,19|
|(Witness) Death||12 FEB 1928||Albert Henry Jefferies witnessed the Death of Sarah Harrington on 12 FEB 1928 at 66 High Road, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.20,21|
|Name Variation||Albert Henry Jefferies was also known as Albert Harrington Adopted middle name of Harrington (his mother's maiden name) for business purposes.22,23|
|Residence*||29 SEP 1939||He and Alice Mary Spencer lived at 3 South End, Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.24|
|Occupation||19 OCT 1940||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Chiropodist.25'|
|(Witness) Death||16 JAN 1949||He given probate for estate of Frances Nellie Mulcock.26|
|Occupation||1950||The occupation of Albert Henry Jefferies was 'Chiropodist: M.C.Ch.A.27'|
|Residence*||1950||He lived at 66 Streatham High Road, Streatham, Surrey, EnglandG.27|
|Death*||MAR 1953||He died in MAR 1953 at 71, St Peter's Road, Croydon, Surrey, EnglandG.28|
|Alice Mary Spencer b. 31 Aug 1888, d. Sep 1957|
|Marriage*||4 AUG 1926||He married Alice Mary Spencer, daughter of John William Spencer and Rose Alice W Bradford, on 4 AUG 1926 at Croydon, SurreyG.18,19|
|Last Edited||25 Aug 2018|
- [S17] BMD indices, birth, Wandsworth, April-Jun 1882 vol 1d 748.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook.
- [S48] Parish Register, birth & bapt., Albert Henry Jefferies, parents Peter Button & Sarah, St Leonard's, Streatham, no 2353, p 294.
- [S46] Extracted from the 1891 census.
- [S35] Extracted from the 1901 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, marriage; Walter John Jefferies, 26,father Peter Button, & Gertrude Emma Stacey, 26, , father John, Wesleyan Chapel, Broadway, Streatham, no 26. p18.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, GES - WJJ, 27 Feb 1907.
- [S14] JEFFERIES, Frank William; Memoirs (1991).
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census, 4 rooms.
- [S68] The England & Wales 1911 census.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, MB421221 George CHARSLEY, Alice Ethel JEFFERIES.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, June 1911; Also witnessed by Marion PIERCE.
- [S77] British Army records, M2/167494, Pte., Jefferies, Albert Henry, R.A.S.C. War & Victory medals.
- [S2] Book inscriptions, in letter.
- [S14] JEFFERIES, Frank William; Memoirs (1991), supervised road-building projects in Mesopotamia.
- [S77] British Army records, in Royal Army Service Corps, Private, M2/167494; awarded Victory & British Medals.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", London Electoral Roll, Southwark, Camberwell, JJ, p 61.
- [S69] England & Wales Marriages 1538-1940, marriage; Alice M Spencer & Albert H Jefferies, Croydon, Surrey, Jul-Sep 1926, vol 2a 1142.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, 4 Aug 1926.
- [S1] Copies of B, M, & D Certificates, death; Hypostatic congestion of the lungs due to mitral incompetance associated with myocardial degeneration. Aged 85. Sarah JEFFERIES nee HARRINGTON.
- [S5] JEFFERIES nee STACEY, Gertrude Emma; 1959 Notebook, b. S Jefferies, 1843 died Jan 28 1928.
- [S56] Phone directory, British, 1934. page 882, London surnames A-K.
- [S103] Unknown author, "City Directories", London Electoral Roll, Wansworth, Streaham,1939., Jefferies Albert Harrington, abode, 3 Southend Croydon. p 393.
- [S124] 1939 register, no children?
- [S2] Book inscriptions, letter from A.H.J to Jane Jefferies Stearns; Sally Howard collection.
- [S82] Probate, England & Wales, date & place, probate to Albert Harrington Jefferies.
- [S56] Phone directory, British, 1950. page 2281, London surnames E-K.
- [S78] England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005, death, age 70, Croydon, Surrey, Jan-Mar 1953, vol 5g 152.